October 9, 2018
Invisalign in Framingham offers distinct advantages over traditional metal braces. Nonetheless, many people who could benefit from Invisalign therapy hesitate to see their dentist due to concerns over costs. Fortunately, Invisalign is not only effective it’s also affordable, especially when compared to the expenses associated with other options.
Costs for Invisalign Vs. Metal Braces
Only your dentist can tell you exactly how much Invisalign aligners will cost in your case. However, it is possible to give some ballpark figures. Some of the factors that can affect the fee structure include:
- The amount of treatment you need to correct the underlying problem.
- Your age and the state of your overall health.
- The type of health coverage you carry.
- The city or region of the country in which you live.
For most people, costs for Invisalign before insurance and discounts usually range from $2000-$5000. This compares favorably to expenses for traditional braces, which can cost up to $6000 or more.
Payment Plans and Other Helpful Options
The first resource you should consider is private dental coverage. Most plans cover a portion of Invisalign expenses. Check with your insurance representative, human resources specialist or benefits coordinator for more information.
Most Invisalign patients find that there is still an outstanding amount due after allowing for insurance contributions. There are a variety of ways to cover these costs, including private financing. Many lenders specialize in helping people to afford Invisalign and other dental procedures. Check with your financial institution or a reputable online source to find out more. You can also talk to your dentist about setting up payment plans.
Other Options to Consider
Nowadays there are more resources to help with the cost of dental care than ever before. Here are some other options for affording Invisalign:
- Free and reduced-cost dental care clinics sponsored by public assistance programs and private charities. Ask a social worker or community volunteer about these opportunities.
- Programs offered by local dental colleges. This is a great way to help the next generation of dentists to hone their skills while saving yourself significant amounts of money. All care is performed under the watchful eye of skilled instructors.
- Credit cards. While this can be an expensive way to borrow money, the benefits of enjoying healthy teeth make this option worthy of exploration.
When considering the costs of Invisalign, it’s important to remember the benefits that this gentle, affordable form of alignment therapy offers. Dental problems affect more than just your appearance. They can cause headaches, tooth decay and spinal pain. They can also make caring for your teeth and gums more difficult. These issues are in addition to the personal and social anxiety that sufferers often experience.
Nothing boosts self-confidence more than having straight, healthy teeth and gums. A happy smile is a great foundation for a better quality of life overall. When looked at within this context, the true value of Invisalign therapy becomes clear.
Your journey to better oral health begins by making an appointment with a cosmetic dentist in Framingham. Mention your concerns about costs and ask about your options. The facts you learn might be just the thing you need to put a bigger, brighter smile on your face.
About the Author
Dr. Jean-Marie Biebuyk specializes in periodontal treatment, implant placement and cosmetic/reconstructive dentistry. He earned his DDS degree from the University of Pennsylvania in 1998. You can reach his office online or by calling (508) 875-0900.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.